Bill of Lading Discrepancies

On this page you can find most common discrepancies under a bill of lading. 

Important Definitions Regarding the Bill of Lading under Latest Letter of Credit Rules:

  • According to latest UCP 600 letter of credit rules a marine bill of lading should not bear any indication that it is subject to charter party
  • A bill of lading should indicate the number of originals that have been issued. All original marine bills of lading printed by the carrier must be presented to the bank by the beneficiaries. 
  • Transshipment is defined as the unloading and reloading of goods from one vessel to another during the carriage of goods from the port of loading to the port of discharge. A bill of lading indicating that transhipment will or may take place is acceptable, even if the credit prohibits transhipment, if the goods have been shipped in a container, trailer or LASH barge as evidenced by the bill of lading.
  • Bill of lading should be regarded as a negotiable transport document unless it is consigned to a nemed consignee.
  • More than one notify parties could be stated in a bill of lading without any problem.
  • ‘To Order’ or ‘To the order of shipper’ means that bill of lading should be endorsed by the shipper as per letter of credit instructions. 

letterofcredit.biz is your gateway to International Trade Finance World designed & developed by a Certified Documentary Credit Specialist.
Bill of lading is a transport document. Bills of lading sometimes called as marine bill of lading or ocean bill of lading by banks. Article 20 of UCP 600 governs bills of lading. It is a transport document used in sea shipments. It is used with port-to-port sea shipments. Carriers and their agents play significant role on port-to-port container shipments
Letter of Credit | About Us | Our Services | Contact | CDCS | Certified Documentary Credit Specialist |© 2009-2010 Letter of Credit Consultancy Services. All rights reserved. Best view with 1024 X 768 resolution. Privacy Policy |
Hi, my name is "Ozgur Eker" (CDCS). You can connect with me either via my contact form or Google Plus.