What is Field 49: Confirmation Instructions?
Field 49: Confirmation Instructions is a field in MT 700 swift message type that contains confirmation instructions for the Receiver.
This is a mandatory field.
According to current letter of credit rules;
- confirmation means a definite undertaking of the confirming bank, in addition to that of the issuing bank, to honour or negotiate a complying presentation.
- confirming bank means the bank that adds its confirmation to a credit upon the issuing bank’s authorization or request. As a result banks can not add their confirmations to the letter of credit without having a confirmation request by the issuing banks.
- a confirming bank is irrevocably bound to honour or negotiate as of the time it adds its confirmation to the credit.
Field 49: Confirmation Instructions:
This field contains confirmation instructions for the Receiver.
- One of the following codes must be used.
- CONFIRM The Receiver is requested to confirm the credit.
- MAY ADD The Receiver may add its confirmation to the credit.
- WITHOUT The Receiver is not requested to confirm the credit.
|Letter of Credit Consultancy|
|Letter of Credit Consultancy:|
Struggling with letters of credit. We can help. We check the credits, prepare draft documents and control them before presentation. With competitive prices. 10 years of experience, more than 300 hundred references. Please click here for more details.