Published on 02.January.2015 – Prestigious banking client is seeking experienced Trade Finance officer to join their expanding team.
The jobholder has regular contact with all staff from Trade Services, Correspondent Banking and other departments within the bank and extensive contact with the Senior Documentary Credits Clerks.
Externally, the jobholder has regular contact with customers, be they buyers, beneficiaries, borrowers and other bank’s staff, usually by telephone, email or fax.
All staff are required to be aware of and understand the legal obligations and responsibilities relating to Money Laundering.
- Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
- Location: London
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Ref No: 122553-RK26469
- Date Advertised: 29 Dec 2014
Documentary Credits Officer – Trade Finance
The section is responsible for the processing, issuing and advising of Import and Export Letters of Credit and Standby Letters of Credit as well as entering into Participation and Syndication Agreements with other banks relating to letter of credit/guarantee risk.
Letters of Guarantee are also processed and signed within the section.
- Processes Letters of Credit or Guarantees and their respective amendments (90%) –
- Ensuring all documentation is valid, accurate and viable in order to meet UCP and BACB guidelines, whilst providing quality customer service in terms of timeliness and accuracy.
- Responds to customer and other bank’s queries – Ensuring any issues are resolved efficiently and professionally in order to maintain the highest standard of customer service
- Calculates and reviews commission – Ensuring all fees due to the bank are collected
(E) Essential (D) Desirable
- (E) Proven experience of all types of Documentary Credits and/or Guarantees plus a sound working knowledge of all I.C.C. rules relating thereto.
- (D) Qualified CDCS/CSDG
- (E) Good communication skills
- (E) Basic keyboard skills and a working knowledge of word processing techniques
- (E) Understanding of all aspects of banking relating to Documentary Credits
- (E) Able to process complex trade finance instruments
- (D) Basic knowledge of commercial French and good general knowledge of world geography
(Job postings may be out dated. Consider publishing date.)