What is Field 46A: Documents Required?
Field 46A: Documents Required is a field in MT 700 swift message type that contains a description of any documents required.
This is an optional field.
According to current letter of credit rules banks deal with documents and not with goods, services or performance to which the documents may relate.
Presentation means either the delivery of documents under a credit to the issuing bank or nominated bank or the documents so delivered.
According to current letter of credit rules a nominated bank acting on its nomination, a confirming bank, if any, and the issuing bank must examine a presentation to determine, on the basis of the documents alone, whether or not the documents appear on their face to constitute a complying presentation.
Field 46A: Documents Required:
This field contains a description of any documents required.
- When the ultimate date of issue of a transport document is specified, it is to be specified with the relative document in this field.
- For credits subject to eUCP, the format in which electronic records are to be presented must be specified in this field.
- To cater for lengthy documentary credits, up to three MT 701s may be sent in addition to an MT 700.
- However, field 46a may appear in only one message, ie, either in the MT 700 or in one MT 701.
- This means that in any documentary credit, there is a limit of 100 lines of 65 characters to specify the documents required.
- The specification of each new item should begin on a new line, preceded by the sign ‘+’.
|Letter of Credit Consultancy|
|Letter of Credit Consultancy:|
Struggling with letters of credit. We can help. We check the credits, prepare draft documents and control them before presentation. With competitive prices. 10 years of experience, more than 300 hundred references. Please click here for more details.