What is Field 71B: Charges?
Field 71B: Charges is a field in MT 700 swift message type that is used to specify charges to be borne by the beneficiary.
This is an optional field.
A bank instructing another bank to perform services is liable for any commissions, fees, costs or expenses (“charges”) incurred by that bank in connection with its instructions.
If a credit states that charges are for the account of the beneficiary and charges cannot be collected or deducted from proceeds, the issuing bank remains liable for payment of charges.
A credit or amendment should not stipulate that the advising to a beneficiary is conditional upon the receipt by the advising bank or second advising bank of its charges.
Option B (Narrative)
In addition to narrative text, the following line formats may be used:
CODES One or more of the following codes may be used, followed by the currency code and amount:
- AGENT Agent’s commission
- COMM Our commission
- CORCOM Our correspondent’s commission
- DISC Commercial discount
- INSUR Insurance premium
- POST Our postage
- STAMP Stamp duty
- TELECHAR Teletransmission charges
- WAREHOUS Wharfing and warehouse
Field 71B: Charges:
This field may be used only to specify charges to be borne by the beneficiary.
- In the absence of this field, all charges, except negotiation and transfer charges, are to be borne by the applicant.
- Any code used in this field must be between slashes and must appear at the beginning of a line.
- Narrative text must not begin with a slash and, if used, must begin on a new line and be the last information in the field.
|Letter of Credit Consultancy|
|Letter of Credit Consultancy:|
Struggling with letters of credit. We can help. We check the credits, prepare draft documents and control them before presentation. With competitive prices. 10 years of experience, more than 300 hundred references. Please click here for more details.