An air waybill is a document covering the carriage of goods by plane from one airport to another.
Date of shipment is one of the key definitions in a letter of credit transaction. It is used to determine
- whether shipment made on time or not (in other words a late shipment has been effected or not),
- whether documents presented within the presentation period or not (in other words a late presentation has been effected or not),
- maturity date of the time draft,
- maturity date of a deferred payment letter of credit.
Date of shipment can be determined in two ways on an air waybill.
Option 1 => There is no actual date of shipment notation on the air waybill:
- The date of issuance of the air waybill will be deemed to be the date of shipment.
Option 2=> Air waybill indicates, by notation, the actual date of shipment: Notation date will be deemed to be the date of shipment as specified below:
- Date of the actual date of shipment notation/stamp => this date will be deemed to be the date of shipment.
|Letter of Credit Consultancy|
|Letter of Credit Consultancy:|
Struggling with letters of credit. We can help. We check the credits, prepare draft documents and control them before presentation. With competitive prices. 10 years of experience, more than 300 hundred references. Please click here for more details.